Do you run or attend a parent support group? Wouldn’t it be nice to have a little extra money to make the meetings more comfortable, get a newsletter set up or hold a special event? You may be eligible for funding! But hurry because the deadline for applications is June 28.
Every year, the BC Children’s Hospital Family Support Groups/Networks Funding Committee reaffirms its commitment to helping grass roots parent support groups by providing funds. These funds, generously provided by the BC Children’s Hospital Foundation, are available to families with children with a physical or mental disability/disorder who offer direct parent to parent support.
Grants are available to grass roots family support groups and networks and because we realize many parents have a lot on their plate the grant application is simple to fill out and does not take a lot of time. Money is available for:
- Comfort funds for groups that hold regular support group meetings. These funds provide the little extras that make meetings more comfortable such as refreshments.
- Extended funds for established groups who maintain any structured form of ongoing communication such as newsletters, regular mailings or speakers.
- Special funding for a one-time event or project.
How to apply:
- everyone needs to complete the application
- groups need to complete an income and expense report along with the application
- groups that have previously been funded need to complete a final report and an expense report along with the application
- Anyone planning a special event must complete a project plan along with the application
Deadline to apply is June 28, 2013